Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMac fails to boot even after iOS recover reinstall

My iMac failed to boot properly and was "frozen" on the loading bar at about 90%.

Safe mode won't boot either.

I tried recovery to troubleshoot and eventually downloaded iOS for reinstall which hasn't solved my issue.

Need help asap as chat support and phone support proving difficult, connectivity reliability my end.

iMac 21.5″ 4K, macOS 10.14

Posted on Jan 15, 2021 2:34 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 15, 2021 7:31 AM

Please follow the troubleshooting steps in Mac Startup Screens, after going all the steps and it still will not start then please make an appointment at your local Apple Authorized Service Provider. If you do not know who your local Apple Authorized Service Provider is please click Apple Authorized Service Provider Locator (AASP) & Genius Appointment

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 15, 2021 7:31 AM in response to Teebeebo

Please follow the troubleshooting steps in Mac Startup Screens, after going all the steps and it still will not start then please make an appointment at your local Apple Authorized Service Provider. If you do not know who your local Apple Authorized Service Provider is please click Apple Authorized Service Provider Locator (AASP) & Genius Appointment

iMac fails to boot even after iOS recover reinstall

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.