Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Accounts, and Apps, login problem on iPad but not iPhone

Oddly, when I try to log into any account on my iPad, it fails. I can manually enter Username and Password, or use the info stored in the iCloud, then hit Sign In and the screen flashes, bringing back the blank log in screen. I then go to my iPhone and I can log in with no problem. The iPad won’t even let me sign in with my Apple ID, so I had to use my phone to write up this question. I see back in 2015 the same thing happened and suggestions were to remove the Reach App, but I don’t have that. I just installed the latest update on my iPad and that didn’t help. Please help!

iPad, iPadOS 14

Posted on Jan 15, 2021 5:08 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 17, 2021 11:37 AM

Hi there SuznS,

We can understand the concern of not being able to sign in to iCloud on your iPad. We're happy to help you with this. First, try restarting the iPad using the steps here:

Restart your iPad

Should the issue persist after restarting, do you have another Wi-Fi network you can connect to? We'd like to isolate this issue to possible network trouble. Get back to us with that info, and we can go from there.

Best regards!

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 17, 2021 11:37 AM in response to SuznS

Hi there SuznS,

We can understand the concern of not being able to sign in to iCloud on your iPad. We're happy to help you with this. First, try restarting the iPad using the steps here:

Restart your iPad

Should the issue persist after restarting, do you have another Wi-Fi network you can connect to? We'd like to isolate this issue to possible network trouble. Get back to us with that info, and we can go from there.

Best regards!

Jan 22, 2021 6:01 AM in response to chuck_3rd

I appreciate the reply and trying to help. But I found the problem! Three sites, I tried to access this morning, still failed. I have yet to be able to go to a friends to use their Wi-Fi to see if the problem continues to exist. But now I know it would have failed there too. The fourth website I went to access told me that my cookies needed to be unblocked. Then it hit me that that could be the problem for all the other sites where I was trying to use the login information from the cloud. Yep! It was all due to cookies being blocked. I can now access everything with no problem. Yay!

Accounts, and Apps, login problem on iPad but not iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.