Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apples Disk Utility gives me weird error message

Can anyone help me I got MacBook Pro 16 inch 16 GB RAM i9 8 core 1 TB SSD Big Sur 11.1 when I run a check in Apples disk utility I first get the message <error: Cross Check: FSroot tree references extent (0xd9b4322 + 8192) which is not present in the ExtentRef tree> and then <warning: overallocation detected on Main device: (0xd9b2122+16896) bitmap address (0x9804)> and I can't use Boot Camp cuz there is something wrong with the disk. How can I fix this problem?

MacBook Pro 16″, macOS 11.1

Posted on Jan 15, 2021 7:00 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 15, 2021 7:13 AM

You should restart in Recovery mode and launch Disk Utility. From its View menu, choose Show all devices.

Then select each in turn, starting with the physical device itself, selected by its immutable Hardware-name, and Repair-Disk/First-Aid. Then proceed to repair each Volume shown.

If this does not solve the problem, you may be forced to ERASE the drive and re-install MacOS. This will delete all your files, which must then be re-imported form your Trusted backup drive.

What is the date of your most recent backup, and by what method?

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 15, 2021 7:13 AM in response to Cruairder

You should restart in Recovery mode and launch Disk Utility. From its View menu, choose Show all devices.

Then select each in turn, starting with the physical device itself, selected by its immutable Hardware-name, and Repair-Disk/First-Aid. Then proceed to repair each Volume shown.

If this does not solve the problem, you may be forced to ERASE the drive and re-install MacOS. This will delete all your files, which must then be re-imported form your Trusted backup drive.

What is the date of your most recent backup, and by what method?

Apples Disk Utility gives me weird error message

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.