Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Black screen when you wake up from sleep mode

After replacing a native third-party SSD nvme m2 using the adapter, my MacBook after a few hours(for example 8) of the lid and includes a black screen and shines an Apple on the keyboard does not respond, brightness, backlight, keypad and the volume does not adjust. To start it, you have to forcibly restart it, and when you start it, you get a warning about the problem that caused it to restart. When performing diagnostics, it returns a disk error. I replaced the disk with a better one(the cheap one from Aliexpress, this new one from Samsung) when diagnosing there is no error, but the problem still did not go away, after a few hours I lift the laptop cover, the screen lights up black, the keyboard backlight is missing, and if you close the lid, the apple continues to burn. When rebooting, the problem message like the old disk is missing, and it loads the system with open applications that were started before sleep mode. VERY strange, but with the charger connected, there is no such problem at all! although the battery has about 600 cycles, it still works well without a network. I reset the SMC and PRAM parameters, but it didn't help. Such a problem was on the Mojave and Catalina system (on the old disk) and on High Sierra (new disk).I will forgive the help in solving the problem.

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Jan 15, 2021 7:26 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 15, 2021 7:59 AM

Hi,

Try to run Apple Diagnostics if it reports something related SSD(VDH002, VDH004).

Similar questions

2 replies

Black screen when you wake up from sleep mode

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.