Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I erased everything on my disk and it won’t let me reinstall os

I was factory resetting my mac and accidentally erased everything. It won’t let me install os now.

MacBook Pro 13″, 10.10

Posted on Jan 15, 2021 2:26 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 16, 2021 2:20 AM

If computer was booted from a USB Installer of Yosemite, on the screen shot go back. Then should see Disk Utilities >> click it >> choose View All Devices >> choose the Upper most Drive >> Usually Apple something >> on Right panel >> Erase and choose HFS Journaled >> below that Scheme >> GUID Partition Map >> Erase. Now back out of Utilities and commence the Install macOSX

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 16, 2021 2:20 AM in response to silke194

If computer was booted from a USB Installer of Yosemite, on the screen shot go back. Then should see Disk Utilities >> click it >> choose View All Devices >> choose the Upper most Drive >> Usually Apple something >> on Right panel >> Erase and choose HFS Journaled >> below that Scheme >> GUID Partition Map >> Erase. Now back out of Utilities and commence the Install macOSX

I erased everything on my disk and it won’t let me reinstall os

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.