Newsroom Update

The redesigned iPad Air and new iPad Pro with Apple silicon are now available. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How are some ways I can take a self-portrait with an ipad?

How can I take a self-portrait with an iPad?

iPad, iOS 10

Posted on Jan 15, 2021 4:17 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 16, 2021 4:06 PM

I found the answer on YouTube. It's easy. Here's what you do:

(1) Go to display on iPad that shows icons.

(2) Click on the camera icon (black camera in box with the word "camera" beneath it.

(3) Click on the white camera on the right side of screen. [Your face will appear]

(4) Click on white circle to take your picture.

There are other things that can be done, but these are the BASIC instructions.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 16, 2021 4:06 PM in response to Niku

I found the answer on YouTube. It's easy. Here's what you do:

(1) Go to display on iPad that shows icons.

(2) Click on the camera icon (black camera in box with the word "camera" beneath it.

(3) Click on the white camera on the right side of screen. [Your face will appear]

(4) Click on white circle to take your picture.

There are other things that can be done, but these are the BASIC instructions.

Jan 16, 2021 9:19 PM in response to MichelPM

Well, it's the only iPad I have. Anyway, using it, I posted my picture on my Facebook page, and it looked okay to me. Actually, it wasn't a good picture, but its reproduction on the Facebook page was just fine with me. Now I'm going to be ready for my birthday on the 18th. I have Canon, Nikon, and Sony 35 mm cameras, but I'll be taking my birthday pictures with my iPad. It's so much easier.

How are some ways I can take a self-portrait with an ipad?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.