Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Video glitches on some YouTube videos

Hi everybody! I have a brand new MacBook Pro 16 (2019) with the base i9, 16 GB RAM, 1 TB SSD and Radeon Pro 5500M with 4 GB of VRAM. I'm experimenting some issues while reproducing videos on YouTube as you can see on the attached pictures taken from a LTT video. The same videos that presents the issue on my Mac, doesn't have it on my other computers or smartphones. Also, it's not an issue of this specific unit, because this is the second MBP 16 that I have. I had another MBP 16 before that I returned due to this issue, thinking that it was a hardware problem. This doesn't happen on macOS 10.15 Catalina, so it's a Big Sur bug. This pictures are taken while reproducing the video on Safari. On Chrome it also happens, but is much less appreciable. I'm disappointed with this computer and with Apple. I switched from Windows to Mac looking for stability, performance and well debugged OS, but I haven't find that. This is simply unacceptable for a "premium" €3200 (Spain price) computer.

Thanks for your attention and greetings from Spain.

Posted on Jan 15, 2021 5:53 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 18, 2021 5:24 AM

Hi JGeek00,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities!

We understand that you're seeing some video abnormalities in a couple apps you're using with you Mac. In this case, we'd recommend that you reset the NVRAM on your Mac as outlined here: Reset NVRAM or PRAM on your Mac

We hope this helps.

Cheers!

Similar questions

4 replies

Video glitches on some YouTube videos

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.