Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Homepod interferes with Siri on iPhone

Got the Homepod Mini last month. So far, so good except for one mind-blowingly annoying thing that I can't stop it from doing.

When I'm in the room with the Homepod and say Hey Siri, it responds instead of my iPhone. That's great.

If I'm in another room and try to use Hey Siri on my iPhone, Siri briefly activates on my phone and then I can hear the Homepod on the other side of the house speaking. I literally cannot use Siri on my iPhone anywhere in the house, even several rooms over where Homepod can't hear. My phone immediately stops and sends the request to the Homepod.

How do I stop this from happening? Is there a way to disconnect my phone from the Homepod?

iPhone 11

Posted on Jan 15, 2021 6:02 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 31, 2021 2:34 AM

Let Apple know via Feedback - HomePod - Apple.

tt2

3 replies

Jan 30, 2021 8:19 PM in response to turingtest2

I've tried that but it's like the iPhone knows the Homepod is on the network and immediately sends whatever I'm telling it to do to the Homepod.

I need to figure out how to disconnect my iPhone from the Homepod. I deal with other weirdness too. Adjusting the volume on my phone changes the volume on Homepod, for example. This is extremely frustrating. I just want to use Homepod. I don't need all this integration between it and my phone.

Homepod interferes with Siri on iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.