Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

The all-new Logic Pro for iPad and Mac delivers breakthrough music-making experiences. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Logic Pro Trial 10.6.2 help in wrong language

I am testing Logic Pro and have downloaded and installed the 90 day trial version.

My MacBook Pro runs Big Sur in US English. but key board is Swiss French/German and my present location is Switzerland.. Logic Pro shows all menus etc in English but for some reason the classical help through search and the help documents (e.g. the user guide) you can access through help are in French.

I tried to change it in the Logic Pro preferences under General>Display as suggested in some answers in this community but there is no language tab (anymore) in this version of Pro Logic under General>Display

Posted on Jan 16, 2021 2:17 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 30, 2021 9:11 AM

Ok again no input. So after numerous trials I seem to have solved the issue.

This is the trick to solve this embarrassing bug which seems to be thriving since 2014 or even earlier if I read the many never answered issues in the Apple forums without Apple ever putting it right.

1. In preferences you put your Macs preferred language to the one you do not want your help in (in my case French)
  2. After restart you put the language you do want for all apps as well as help as secondary language in preferences, English for me
  3. Next you delete the unwanted primary language in preference and your secondary language automatically becomes primary
  4. After restart all seems to be reinitiated and also Logic Pro 10.6.1 Help is in the primary language.

I hope this helps others who have this issue and gave up.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 30, 2021 9:11 AM in response to mromavros

Ok again no input. So after numerous trials I seem to have solved the issue.

This is the trick to solve this embarrassing bug which seems to be thriving since 2014 or even earlier if I read the many never answered issues in the Apple forums without Apple ever putting it right.

1. In preferences you put your Macs preferred language to the one you do not want your help in (in my case French)
  2. After restart you put the language you do want for all apps as well as help as secondary language in preferences, English for me
  3. Next you delete the unwanted primary language in preference and your secondary language automatically becomes primary
  4. After restart all seems to be reinitiated and also Logic Pro 10.6.1 Help is in the primary language.

I hope this helps others who have this issue and gave up.

Jan 17, 2021 4:25 AM in response to yoyoBen

Indeed that is how it should be but that functionality under preferences (OS) is to use a different language than default for an App. My primary language is English and the LP program also works perfectly in English. Just the help text and linked files like the user guide are in French and you cannot tune help only. It is very annoying as I have to formulate all questions for the help in French which is not easy for the many audio technical terms used in LP. As a workaround I use the Safari for help.

I think there is something wrong with the installation file which comes obligatory from the Swiss Apple app store. It installs a help library in the language of my location (French part of CH) instead of my primary language.

Jan 26, 2021 2:01 AM in response to mromavros

Not much ideas apparently to solve this very annoying bug. I found some other references to this issue of a person having help in Korean on a Mac with primary language English which seemed to be linked to his Korean keyboard. He could get LP to give help in English by deinstalling the Korean keyboard and installing an English one. When he put back the Korean one help appeared again in Korean. So no durable solution at definitely as it should be.

I also ran a log through the help profile option of LP and found several times this entry:

"connection to service on pid 0 named com.apple.musicapps.InstallerHelperTool was invalidated." UserInfo={NSDebugDescription=The connection to service on pid 0 named com.apple.musicapps.InstallerHelperTool was invalidated.}"

Logic Pro Trial 10.6.2 help in wrong language

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.