Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

App removal from Apple Watch series 6

Brand new iPhone 12 Pro Max and brand new Apple Watch series 6. All up to date. I can’t seem to remove apps from my watch. I have tried the wiggle mode but no “x” appears. I have tried via the watch and although the slider is green, it appears slightly dimmed and will not switch off when I tap on it. Please help.

Apple Watch Series 6, watchOS 7

Posted on Jan 16, 2021 7:40 AM

7 replies

Jan 16, 2021 8:28 AM in response to Community User

Thanks for your response but it did not solve the problem. I have done both of the normal removal methods including the one you described. The problem is that when I tap on a app in the “installed on Apple Watch” list the screen comes up and I tap on the app I want to uninstall. The screen to toggle off the app appears but it is dimmed. I try to toggle it off but nothing happens.

Jan 16, 2021 8:01 AM in response to The_Joel

Launch the iOS Watch app on your iPhone.

Tap My Watch in the bottom-left corner of the screen.

Scroll down to the "Installed on Apple Watch" list and tap the app that you want to uninstall.

Toggle the switch next to Show App on Apple Watch to the OFF position.

Do you have screen time turned on?.

Jan 16, 2021 7:26 PM in response to Community User

Thank you fieryjack!!! I was on a chat with apple support the same time as I was talking to the community here and they—— after sending me through allllll the steps including unpairing and erasing my watch—— were able to get me to someone who knew his stuff and like you, brought me to the right answer. Kinda frustrating that the ability to delete apps is hidden way down in screen time. I would have never never found it myself. Thanks again for your responses.

response from apple support:

Goto settings >>screen time>> content and privacy restrictions>>iTunes and apps store purchases>> deleting apps. Select allow.

Jan 16, 2021 9:06 AM in response to The_Joel

That's why you can't delete them,do this;

Tap on screen time.

Then content and privacy settings

Then iTunes and App Store purchases

Then deleting apps set this to allow.

App removal from Apple Watch series 6

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.