Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

missing music from iTunes Library

I just noticed that all the songs of two artists that I bought from iTunes are missing from my Library. They are still available on the iTunes Store... For one artist, the songs are marked "Purchased" but not available; for the other artist, the songs are not marked "Purchased." I searched for them on my Time Machine backup hard drive, and they have disappeared there as well.

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.13

Posted on Jan 16, 2021 9:34 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 16, 2021 10:26 AM

Content that shows as purchased in the store will be hidden from your purchase history.

See Hide and unhide music, movies, TV shows, audiobooks, and books - Apple Support and Redownload apps, music, movies, TV shows, and books from the App Store, iTunes Store, and Apple Books - Apple Support.

Could the other content have been purchased with a different ID? The ability to redownload past purchases depends on continued availability in the iTunes Store. Rights holders may remove content without notice. You should keep copies of all of your purchases, and maintain a backup.

tt2

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 16, 2021 10:26 AM in response to allofusthistime

Content that shows as purchased in the store will be hidden from your purchase history.

See Hide and unhide music, movies, TV shows, audiobooks, and books - Apple Support and Redownload apps, music, movies, TV shows, and books from the App Store, iTunes Store, and Apple Books - Apple Support.

Could the other content have been purchased with a different ID? The ability to redownload past purchases depends on continued availability in the iTunes Store. Rights holders may remove content without notice. You should keep copies of all of your purchases, and maintain a backup.

tt2

missing music from iTunes Library

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.