Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I got a free year trial Apple TV with the purchase of an iphone, but I can't find any free movies to watch. Everything wants to charge me. Crap!

I got a free year trial Apple TV with the purchase of an iphone, but I can't find any free movies to watch. Everything wants to charge me. Crap!

Posted on Jan 16, 2021 10:03 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 17, 2021 2:33 AM

Yes I have the same one year free subscription. The only programming you can watch for free is under the Apple originals tab. It’s not like Netflix where if you have a subscription you can watch everything you see at no additional cost. What is free to watch is truly limited, I wouldn’t bother paying a subscription for it, unless that situation changes dramatically by the the time my one year is up I couldn’t justify the subs cost for what is on offer. I get so much more from Netflix and Amazon. I don’t rent or buy movies, if it is not in the subs cost I don’t bother with it. I agree mixing pay to watch and free together the way they have is a crappy way to do it. They should have a listing that says available to watch with your subscription and everything else under buy or rent.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 17, 2021 2:33 AM in response to lynell16

Yes I have the same one year free subscription. The only programming you can watch for free is under the Apple originals tab. It’s not like Netflix where if you have a subscription you can watch everything you see at no additional cost. What is free to watch is truly limited, I wouldn’t bother paying a subscription for it, unless that situation changes dramatically by the the time my one year is up I couldn’t justify the subs cost for what is on offer. I get so much more from Netflix and Amazon. I don’t rent or buy movies, if it is not in the subs cost I don’t bother with it. I agree mixing pay to watch and free together the way they have is a crappy way to do it. They should have a listing that says available to watch with your subscription and everything else under buy or rent.

Jan 16, 2021 10:34 AM in response to lynell16

First thing you need to understand is that there is NO such thing as a free “Apple TV” subscription. The free subscription is for Apple TV+ (plus) which is Apple’s original content streaming service and completely separate from the rest of the Apple TV App. You do not get to watch anything you find free, only the original content.

Launch the TV app on your iPhone, scroll down to the Channels section and tap the Apple TV+ icon (black icon). There you can watch any Apple TV+ content as part of your subscription.

if you are using an Apple TV steaming box, launch the Apple TV app, then see the Apple TV+ tab at the top of the screen.

iTunes movies are NOT part of the Apple TV+ subscription.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.