Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

when i log in, I get notice of a location different than my original one. why?

how can i fix this? in my case it says a location near washington dc and i am in florida. is there anything to worry about security wise?

Windows, Windows 6

Posted on Jan 16, 2021 10:20 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 16, 2021 11:42 AM

If this is an e-mail you received, or a popup on the screen,  about the time you were actually logging in, there is probably nothing to worry about. The location in the e-mail is where your ISP reported it. If their servers are in a location distant from you, there will be a large error. Based on other posts I have read, the distant error can be very large.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 16, 2021 11:42 AM in response to zaeem85

If this is an e-mail you received, or a popup on the screen,  about the time you were actually logging in, there is probably nothing to worry about. The location in the e-mail is where your ISP reported it. If their servers are in a location distant from you, there will be a large error. Based on other posts I have read, the distant error can be very large.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.