Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

When I tap and hold an app on my Home Screen to delete it, it doesn’t offer that. I can place in the App Library, but I want to delete it. How can I?

How do I delete an app when I can’t from the Home Screen?

iPhone 8 Plus, iOS 14

Posted on Jan 16, 2021 10:33 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 16, 2021 10:44 AM

When you tap on an App it should open a menu with an option called "Remove App" in red. Tapping on that should provide further options. Including "Delete App" again in red, "Remove from Home Screen" and Cancel.

If the Delete App does not appear as an option there, that means it's either an App that can't be deleted from the iPhone, or deletion of Apps is restricted in Screen Time settings.

If the App you want to remove is an apple App make sure it's one of the deletable apps. Not all Apple apps can be deleted.

If its a 3rd party App, go to Settings->Screen Time->Content & Privacy Restrictions->iTunes & App Store Purchases->Deleting Apps and make sure its set to Allow.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 16, 2021 10:44 AM in response to Bbaumann345

When you tap on an App it should open a menu with an option called "Remove App" in red. Tapping on that should provide further options. Including "Delete App" again in red, "Remove from Home Screen" and Cancel.

If the Delete App does not appear as an option there, that means it's either an App that can't be deleted from the iPhone, or deletion of Apps is restricted in Screen Time settings.

If the App you want to remove is an apple App make sure it's one of the deletable apps. Not all Apple apps can be deleted.

If its a 3rd party App, go to Settings->Screen Time->Content & Privacy Restrictions->iTunes & App Store Purchases->Deleting Apps and make sure its set to Allow.

When I tap and hold an app on my Home Screen to delete it, it doesn’t offer that. I can place in the App Library, but I want to delete it. How can I?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.