You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Wrong statistics of iCloud storage

I receive an email that I have used over 50% of my iCloud storage which wrong. I have used only 2 GB of 5 GB that mean there is wrong status of you. please when you want to send any email don’t bathering me with wrong statistic

thanks

iPhone 11 Pro Max, iOS 14

Posted on Jan 16, 2021 1:04 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 16, 2021 1:08 PM

a) no one here is sending you emails, so your angst may be poorly directed.

b) I've never seen an email from Apple telling me that I'm at 50% capacity. I could understand if you were at 90% and they were suggesting you upgrade, but 50% just doesn't make sense. Therefore I'm suspicsious that this wasn't an actual email from Apple, rather a phishing attempt. Did you, by chance, click on any link in the email to 'go check'? If so, you should secure your account now.

5 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jan 16, 2021 1:08 PM in response to alzeah0a

a) no one here is sending you emails, so your angst may be poorly directed.

b) I've never seen an email from Apple telling me that I'm at 50% capacity. I could understand if you were at 90% and they were suggesting you upgrade, but 50% just doesn't make sense. Therefore I'm suspicsious that this wasn't an actual email from Apple, rather a phishing attempt. Did you, by chance, click on any link in the email to 'go check'? If so, you should secure your account now.

Jan 16, 2021 7:26 PM in response to alzeah0a

The from address is irrelevant. It's trivial to send an email with any return address you like. Want an email from the president? easy.

The only thing that is relevant is any URL in the email that you're asked to click on to login or verify your account. IF that goes to a legitimate apple.com URL then it may be a legitimate email. Just about anything else is likely to be a scam. Scammers have got very good at tricking people into thinking the emails are legitimate.

Wrong statistics of iCloud storage

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.