Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Catalina Mail - No columns

Where have all the columns 'from, size, date, subject, ...'sort selection, customization gone in OS X Catalina (Mail 13.0)? Long time passing. Where have all the columns gone. Long time ago. Where have all the columns gone? Apple has killed them all.

For those you old enough to remember there was a time when Apple users would laugh at Windows users. Microsoft would put out new OS's at the drop of the hat. Each one would be ugly and messy -- provide few real new features (in fact many didn't work at all) -- and totally screw up users.

Well meet the new Microsoft. It is Apple.

What is the application that I start and end each day with? That I use constantly throughout the day? It is email. And some brainiac has decided that being able to control how I display my mail is "old fashioned" and unnecessary.

Apple if this was a temporary mistake. Please let us know.

Thanks

John

MacBook

Posted on Jan 16, 2021 2:49 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 16, 2021 2:57 PM

Barney - thanks for the info re Big Sur. That is good news.

I had been going slowly re implementing Mac OS releases to avoid compatibility issues (in the Catalina case making sure I was no longer reliance on 32 bit apps). But perhaps this will be an incentive to move to Big Sur earlier rather than later.

But I have to shake my head at times.

Undoubtedly Big Sur will have other negative surprises.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 16, 2021 2:57 PM in response to Barney-15E

Barney - thanks for the info re Big Sur. That is good news.

I had been going slowly re implementing Mac OS releases to avoid compatibility issues (in the Catalina case making sure I was no longer reliance on 32 bit apps). But perhaps this will be an incentive to move to Big Sur earlier rather than later.

But I have to shake my head at times.

Undoubtedly Big Sur will have other negative surprises.

Catalina Mail - No columns

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.