Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to change the top menu bar in Macbook

Hi all,

Is there a way to change the top menu bar. The menu bar that I refer to is located atop the screen upon logging in, and indicates the time, date, wifie, battery,language, bluetooth, etc, This bar, as the attached image indicates, is appears too transparent and difficult to ascertain the various icons. i would like to change the color so as to better indicate the icons and contrast them against the background.

Thank you in advance for your feedback

Haitham

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Jan 16, 2021 7:18 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 16, 2021 8:20 PM

i would like to change the color so as to better indicate the icons and contrast them against the background.

You can reduce the transparency of the Menu Bar by going into System Preferences > Accessibility > Display

The left-most tab of three will be at the front. Put a tick in the box in that tab which is labelled Reduce Transparency

This will put a light grey background along the menu bar. It makes the text more visible and also gives is definition from the rest of the screen.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 16, 2021 8:20 PM in response to HaithamMogherbi

i would like to change the color so as to better indicate the icons and contrast them against the background.

You can reduce the transparency of the Menu Bar by going into System Preferences > Accessibility > Display

The left-most tab of three will be at the front. Put a tick in the box in that tab which is labelled Reduce Transparency

This will put a light grey background along the menu bar. It makes the text more visible and also gives is definition from the rest of the screen.

How to change the top menu bar in Macbook

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.