Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Do i need to reinstall MacOS when trading in my old Macbook air?

To trade-in value for my old macbook , do I NEED to reinstall MacOS prior to shipment? I have completed the other sign-out and format procedures. Just didn't do the reinstall.

Posted on Jan 16, 2021 10:26 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 16, 2021 10:31 PM

F-i-f-i Said:

"Do i need to reinstall MacOS when trading in my old Macbook air?: To trade-in value for my old macbook , do I NEED to reinstall MacOS prior to shipment? I have completed the other sign-out and format procedures. Just didn't do the reinstall."

-------

What to Do:

Its not required, but is most certainly recommended, for Security & Privacy purposes. If you are looking to rid of you older Mac, be certain to disassociate it from you current account, back it up, and then install it anew. Go Here: What to do Before you Sell, Give Away, or Trade in your Mac - Apple Support

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 16, 2021 10:31 PM in response to F-i-f-i

F-i-f-i Said:

"Do i need to reinstall MacOS when trading in my old Macbook air?: To trade-in value for my old macbook , do I NEED to reinstall MacOS prior to shipment? I have completed the other sign-out and format procedures. Just didn't do the reinstall."

-------

What to Do:

Its not required, but is most certainly recommended, for Security & Privacy purposes. If you are looking to rid of you older Mac, be certain to disassociate it from you current account, back it up, and then install it anew. Go Here: What to do Before you Sell, Give Away, or Trade in your Mac - Apple Support

Do i need to reinstall MacOS when trading in my old Macbook air?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.