Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

preparing macbook for trade-in, do I need to reinstall macos after erasing

I’m preparing my 2017 MacBook Pro for Apple authorized trade-in program credit. I’ve followed all directions and I’ve erased hard drive in Recovery Mode Disk Utility. At this point, do I need to Reinstall macOS as part of preparing the MacBook for trade-in?

MacBook, OS X 10.11

Posted on Sep 21, 2023 7:49 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 21, 2023 8:05 PM

outback_dave Said:

"preparing macbook for trade-in, do I need to reinstall macos after erasing: I’m preparing my 2017 MacBook Pro for Apple authorized trade-in program credit. I’ve followed all directions and I’ve erased hard drive in Recovery Mode Disk Utility. At this point, do I need to Reinstall macOS as part of preparing the MacBook for trade-in?"

-------

Prepping a MAc for Trade in:

Unless informed otherwise, just performed as instructed here: What to do Before you Sell, Give Away, Trade in, or Recycle your Mac - Apple Support

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 21, 2023 8:05 PM in response to outback_dave

outback_dave Said:

"preparing macbook for trade-in, do I need to reinstall macos after erasing: I’m preparing my 2017 MacBook Pro for Apple authorized trade-in program credit. I’ve followed all directions and I’ve erased hard drive in Recovery Mode Disk Utility. At this point, do I need to Reinstall macOS as part of preparing the MacBook for trade-in?"

-------

Prepping a MAc for Trade in:

Unless informed otherwise, just performed as instructed here: What to do Before you Sell, Give Away, Trade in, or Recycle your Mac - Apple Support

preparing macbook for trade-in, do I need to reinstall macos after erasing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.