Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Black screen on boot up

Hi, I have a second hand MacBook Pro that about a month ago quit on me. The load screen comes up, it attempts to boot and then black screens at about half way through the load bar. I’ve tried all the recommended resets I’ve found in other questions regarding the black screen, but none have worked so far. Aside from being able to bring it in to a computer tech (the nearest apple store to me is a 2 hour drive and during COVID is not an ideal scenario) I don’t know what else to do. I’m at a loss since I’ve had it for 4 years and never had any issues, any and all suggestions as to what I should do would be greatly appreciated. (I will add that my keyboard backlight no longer comes on as it’s booting up. I don’t know if thats linked to this issue or if it’s something else entirely, but it did coincide with this black screen issue)

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 10.13

Posted on Jan 16, 2021 9:24 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 17, 2021 12:22 PM

It would help to know the exact model of the laptop. You can get this information by entering your serial number here:

https://checkcoverage.apple.com/

You can try booting into Safe Mode.

Try running the Apple Diagnostics.

Similar questions

1 reply

Black screen on boot up

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.