Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook Pro 16" (2019) Integrated Graphics lagging/stutter

Hi everyone,

I have a MacBook Pro (16", 2019)

2,3 GHz 8 Core Intel Core i9

32 GB 2667 MHz DDR 4

AMD Radeon Pro 5500 M 8 GB

Intel UHD Graphics 630 1536 MB

Starting from the first day the system is lagging/stuttering on even simple tasks like typing text, scrolling, watching video. I have seen that I'm not alone, this guy describes the exact same problem: https://discussions.apple.com/thread/251527189?login=true

I have tried everything

Booting in safe mode

Resetting SMC, NVRAM, PRAM

Resetting USB

Switching to the dedicated graphics card immediately makes the problem go away.

Finally I contacted Apple Support.

We did a complete fresh install of the operating system (MacOS Big Sur 11.1) without any further software installation and no iCloud connection. Installed the Apple diagnostics tool and uploaded the files to Apple. I made some videos which show the problem and uploaded them as well.

After a few days I got the answer from Apple support that this is the normal behavior for this machine. I asked the support man what else I can do now and got the answer: "Sell the device and never buy another Apple device again".

This is unbelievable.

Can anybody tell me if there are any further things I can try now?

Is there a place where I can complain about this answer from support?

Many thanks in advance

Posted on Jan 17, 2021 12:55 AM

Similar questions

There are no replies.

MacBook Pro 16" (2019) Integrated Graphics lagging/stutter

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.