Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Clean My Mac X - Is it safe?

Is Clean My Mac X trusted and safe to download? From what I have heard it's a trusted mac tools maker. Is this true?

Posted on Jan 17, 2021 1:56 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 17, 2021 5:32 AM

AlphaRetracted wrote:

Is Clean My Mac X trusted and safe to download? From what I have heard it's a trusted mac tools maker. Is this true?

One of the worst. However excellent marketing campaign with a strong wallet vac; don't fall victim.

These ASC's are littered with 100's/1000's of post trying to figure what is causing added issues after they use ' Clean My Mac X.'

If you are having issues—please state what it is you need help with...

To get a good look at your System config. and reveal conflicts or problems, you can download/run this trusted light-weight utility https://etrecheck.com

If you need help interpreting the report you can post it here in its entirety in the "Additional Text" box in the editing toolbar below, in your reply.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 17, 2021 5:32 AM in response to AlphaRetracted

AlphaRetracted wrote:

One of the worst. However excellent marketing campaign with a strong wallet vac; don't fall victim.

These ASC's are littered with 100's/1000's of post trying to figure what is causing added issues after they use ' Clean My Mac X.'

If you are having issues—please state what it is you need help with...

To get a good look at your System config. and reveal conflicts or problems, you can download/run this trusted light-weight utility https://etrecheck.com

If you need help interpreting the report you can post it here in its entirety in the "Additional Text" box in the editing toolbar below, in your reply.

Jan 17, 2021 2:24 AM in response to AlphaRetracted

No don't bother. It is more likely to harm your mac than provide any benefit it may promise.

Macs do not need any cleaning or optimising apps, quite often they

can flag up files which you may be tempted to delete, these can often be

System files that are necessary for the safe running of your mac.

Macs look after themselves pretty well.

The same goes for anti-virus apps.

Clean My Mac X - Is it safe?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.