Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone XR Breaks Completely

About 2 years ago, I received my iPhone XR. About 6 months later, a weird screen anomaly occurred in the lower left corner, which looked like a screen burn in (this is my post about that: https://www.reddit.com/r/applehelp/comments/ehpl6h/iphone_xr_screen_burn/). For about a week or so now, my phone has been giving me „please clear up some storage“ notifications, which I ignored cause I didn’t really use my phone that much during lockdown, and thought 0.4gb left were enough for the phone to operate, given I have survived on much less storage left before. Suddenly today, whenever using an app, it crashed after doing a certain action. When browsing, it was entering a search term in google. In settings, it was when opening a menu option. Every app was bricked. So in panic, I shut down the device. Upon starting it again, it didn’t seem to boot back up. Now, it has been stuck in the boot up for 2 and a half hours. When trying to force shut down again, it wouldn’t do anything. I tried contacting support, however my warranty has expired. What am I going to do about the supposed death of my phone and the tons of photos? Please, I am devastated and don’t know what to do. Many thanks in advance.

iPhone XR

Posted on Jan 17, 2021 3:59 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 17, 2021 9:18 AM

Hello,

Start here:

If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch won‘t turn on or is frozen

You definitely need more than 0.4GB of free space. About 10% free is recommend. So, if you can get it going, see this to free up some space ASAP:

How to check the storage on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

If you are still on iOS 13, see this:

Clear Other storage on your iPhone or iPad

Good luck.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 17, 2021 9:18 AM in response to CatsAreCute4876

Hello,

Start here:

If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch won‘t turn on or is frozen

You definitely need more than 0.4GB of free space. About 10% free is recommend. So, if you can get it going, see this to free up some space ASAP:

How to check the storage on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

If you are still on iOS 13, see this:

Clear Other storage on your iPhone or iPad

Good luck.

iPhone XR Breaks Completely

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.