Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Android device can't connect to hotspot

Hi. So. My android tablet won't connect to iphone hotspot via wifi. It connects with bluetooth, but the connection is so terrible that it doesnt work for my use.

It finds the hotspot and when I try to connect (after writing in password) "Connection to ***** has timed out, connection failed" It saves the connection and shows as saved but when tries to connect multiple times it says "wrong password" even it haven't been changed. After messing out the whole hotspot disappears from the wifi menu on my tablet, then it appears back when I reset network settings on iphone.

I have reseted both devices, changed names, passwords, updated and still problem exists.

Same tablet has worked fine with multiple android devices and created hotspots.

iPhone 12 Pro, iOS 14

Posted on Jan 17, 2021 5:58 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 22, 2021 10:07 AM

Same exact problem here. My android phone can’t connect to my iPhone 12’s hotspot. Even with maximize compatibility turned on.

I also tested my SIM card in an iPhone 6s and the android phone have no problem connecting to the hotspot. So it’s at least partly caused by the 12 series iPhones.

6 replies

Jan 17, 2021 6:14 AM in response to limetius

Use these steps first

Restart the iPhone or iPad that provides Personal Hotspot and the other device that needs to connect to Personal Hotspot. Make sure that you have the latest version of iOS. On the iPhone or iPad that provides Personal Hotspot, go to Settings > General > Reset, then tap Reset Network Settings.

If Personal Hotspot is not working on your iPhone or iPad (Wi-Fi

The Hotspot is a carrier specific feature. Contact your carrier.

Meanwhile..

Check the following

1. Network coverage and stability
  2. Data Balance
  3. On your Android (See if WiFi Auto Joins is enabled)
  4. Also check if you have any stronger WiFi signal around your other devices.

Apr 7, 2021 9:25 PM in response to Naren86

I have the same problem with my ipad pro 2018 hotspot. The interesting thing is, the hotspot works with another ipad wifi connecting to it and functioning, but an older android phone has the same problem as yours.

But my android phone was working with a normal ipad hotspot. I suspect it is the way hotspot operates different from ipad basic and ipad pro.

Android device can't connect to hotspot

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.