Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iwatch won't open after restoring iphone

I have an iwatch 3 nike series and an iphone 11. I had to restore my iphone to the factory settings and now it won't open my watch.

I can't pair it because it's still "paired" and won't open. I tried the recommendation here to push down on the power off screen but that doesn't work. I don't get the option to erase.

Suggestions?

Apple Watch Series 3, watchOS 7

Posted on Jan 17, 2021 5:58 AM

5 replies

Jan 17, 2021 6:38 AM in response to mergeleft

To unpair and erase watch and remove Activation Lock.

On a computer, go to iCloud.com and sign in with your Apple ID.

Go to Find Iphone.

Select All Devices, then click your Apple Watch.

Click Erase Apple Watch.

Select Next until the device is erased.

Click the remove button next to your Apple Watch.

Jan 17, 2021 7:02 AM in response to mergeleft

Try this;

Press and hold both the side button and Digital Crown for about 10 seconds, then release both buttons when you see the Apple logo.Wait a few seconds, then hold down just the side button for about 20 seconds or until the “erase all settings” prompt shows up on the screen, then click it, then click the green check button.

iwatch won't open after restoring iphone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.