Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

osx mail not synchronizing with gmail in "outbound" direction

Hi

My gmail account on OsX Mail is suddenly behaving strangely:

1. Deletes made on other device mail clients or on gmail.com are reflected correctly on osx mail. However:
  2. When I delete a gmail message on osx mail, it is no longer getting reflected on my iphone mail client, gmail.com, etc.
  3. All synchronization actions between all other clients, gmail.com etc works fine. This appears to be an osx mail "outbound sync" gmail issue.

I would appreciate any suggestions on how to fix. Thanks!

iMac 27″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Jan 17, 2021 8:05 AM

Similar questions

3 replies

Jan 19, 2021 10:03 AM in response to akfromnyc

Hey akfromnyc,

We see your Gmail account on your Mac sync changes made from other devices, but not changes made on the Mac itself.

To aid us in isolating this issue, take a look at the Connection Doctor feature built into the Mail app. It will check the status for the inbound and outbound connections for your accounts. If there is an issue, it will display a red dot with the problem vs a green one.

If Connection Doctor does report an issue, let us know the error you receive.

Cheers!

Jan 19, 2021 10:50 AM in response to akfromnyc

Some have reported that this sort of thing can be resolved by deleting the GMAIL account entirely from your Mac and then re-adding it again. If all your GMAIL email is all on the GMAIL server, it should then all re-synchronize (including sent and deleted messages). If you have moved some of your Mail or Calendar items to "on my Mac" (local storage), then some care might be needed to avoid losing those when the account is temporarily deleted.

osx mail not synchronizing with gmail in "outbound" direction

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.