Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I gave my niece my iwatch 3. I deleted everything. Now she can’t connect because it says I have my iCloud still on it. Help us connect to her phone.

I gave my niece an iwatch3 I had. My daughter was using it until she herself received a new one. The problem is the iCloud address is somehow liked to the watch, preventing my niece to connect her phone to the watch. Her phone is updated with the latest update and the watch. How can we connect.

Posted on Jan 17, 2021 8:26 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 17, 2021 8:32 AM

Follow ALL the steps on this page;

What to do before you sell, give away or trade in your Apple Watch, or buy one from someone else – Apple Support

And on this page is why it won't pair yet.

About Activation Lock on your Apple Watch - Apple Support

2 replies

Jan 17, 2021 8:40 AM in response to Ninababygirl

You'll need to factory reset the device, this is where you erase all the data and users off the device. I've attached a link to a youtube video posted by apple support (Verified) which will help you to reset it to factory settings, after you've reset it it should be okay and usable for your niece.

Apple Support Youtube Video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cqLo3R1qiYA

I gave my niece my iwatch 3. I deleted everything. Now she can’t connect because it says I have my iCloud still on it. Help us connect to her phone.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.