Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

multiple displays on mac mini 2020

I have two thunderbolt displays and need to connect to Mac mini. Bought 2 thunderbolt 2 to thunderbolt 3 adaptors to connect displays to new mini but only one works at a time. I used to chain one display to the other and then connect to old mac mini and could use two displays but now that doesn't work. Can't find an adaptor to connect thunderbolt display to HDMI2 port on new mac mini. HELP!

Mac mini, macOS 10.14

Posted on Jan 17, 2021 9:36 AM

7 replies

Jan 18, 2021 8:09 AM in response to HmBB

The Inel Mac mini (2018) will run two Thunderbolt displays. They can be daisy-chained.

Mac mini (2018) - Technical Specifications

• Support for the following combination of maximum concurrent display setups:
  • Up to three displays:
    • Two displays with 4096-by-2304 resolution at 60Hz connected via Thunderbolt 3 plus one display with 4096-by-2160 resolution at 60Hz connected via HDMI 2.0
  • Up to two displays:
    • One display with 5120-by-2880 resolution at 60Hz connected via Thunderbolt 3 plus one display with 4096-by-2160 resolution at 60Hz connected via HDMI 2.0

Jan 18, 2021 6:47 AM in response to HmBB

Looks like Apple is going to get a return of an M1 mac mini. I wouldn't have ordered it if I would have known. I need two displays and already have Thunderbolt displays. I can't afford to buy new displays. I wish this would have been more apparent in the advertising (no chaining of displays, etc). I really appreciate the replies to my question!

multiple displays on mac mini 2020

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.