Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mac Mini M1 plus two monitors

Hello, I currently have a Mac Mini M1 connected to a 2012 Apple Thunderbolt display via an Apple Thunderbolt 2 to 3 adapter. I'm interested in purchasing one of the new Studio Displays but this Mac Mini only allows for two monitors via HDMI and the Thunderbolt port. Can I use a Thunderbolt to HDMI adapter on my older 2012 display to accommodate this?

Posted on Mar 11, 2022 9:45 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 11, 2022 11:02 AM

No, the HDMI port will not support the TB display.

You might get a DVI monitor to work from the HDMI port using an HDMI to DVI adapter, but that’s a moot point and flaky at best.

Your best bet for a second display, is to shop for a high quality HDMI display and use a premium certified HDMI cable.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 11, 2022 11:02 AM in response to fotoz

No, the HDMI port will not support the TB display.

You might get a DVI monitor to work from the HDMI port using an HDMI to DVI adapter, but that’s a moot point and flaky at best.

Your best bet for a second display, is to shop for a high quality HDMI display and use a premium certified HDMI cable.

Mac Mini M1 plus two monitors

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.