You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

This update requires macOS version 10.15

Trying to download an app and I cannot since I need Catalina OS. When I attempt to download Catalina I receive the following error message: "This update requires macOS version 10.15". Any idea how I can get the upgraded version? Thanks in advance!

Posted on Jan 17, 2021 11:36 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 17, 2021 11:40 AM

It sounds like you're trying to download just an update to Catalina. You need the full installer.

One way to get it is on this page.

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201372

On that page, click the link to download macOS Catalina. The App Store will open and you'll be able to download the full installer.

4 replies

Jan 17, 2021 12:48 PM in response to imabuki

Catalina only supports 64-bit applications. Before you take the plunge and get a surprise, use the free Go64 application to get a list of those 32-bit applications that will be inoperable after upgrading to Catalina. Some 64-bit applications may need to be updated from their vendors before they are compatible with Catalina, and that applies to your current printer/scanner drivers as well.

Jan 17, 2021 1:16 PM in response to Kurt Lang

Thank you this was helpful but it will not allow to download because I have Time Machine and when I attempt to download it I gets a messgae that states "This disk is used for Time Machine Backups". I am not sure why it won't let me download but it appears that it won't. I actually haven't even used Time Machine in over a year and I cannot seem to delete from my system. Oh well.

Thanks!

This update requires macOS version 10.15

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.