Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud is not working

I just installed Big Sur (clean installation) I define my Apple ID on the computer I cannot see my files stored in iCloud I have Desktop and Documents folders but they are empty. I can see the files in the Cloud if I connect to the WEB. This is the second time I see this problem, the first time with Catalina and I reinstalled macOS at that time, but I do not want to do that this time. Any Ideas?

iMac 27″, macOS 11.1

Posted on Jan 17, 2021 2:14 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 19, 2021 1:31 PM

Hi Luis,

We see that your iCloud files aren't syncing to the desktop on your Mac, but you see the files on iCloud.com. Use the steps under Turn off Desktop and Documents in Add your Desktop and Documents files to iCloud Drive, to toggle Desktop and Documents off and on.

Take care!

2 replies

Jan 19, 2021 3:46 PM in response to ryane77

Hi, thanks for your response. Yes, that was the way I correct the problem minutes after I report my problem. Sorry for not commenting that it was solved and the way I solved it, but I was busy migrating two other computers and I completely forgot.

I would like also to change the title of my report from "iCloud is not working" to "iCloud is not working after clean Big Sur Installation" is there any way to do that?

Thanks again and Long Live Apple.

iCloud is not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.