Can't see my iCloud files, although I'm signed in

I'm signed into iCloud on my Macbook, but the folders and files I stored there aren't visible. Restarting didn't help.

Suggestions?

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 13.0

Posted on May 3, 2023 11:26 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 3, 2023 7:19 PM

Find your Desktop and Documents files on all of your devices

When you add your Desktop and Documents to iCloud Drive, all of your files move to iCloud and any new files you create are automatically stored in iCloud too. Then you can find your files on all of your devices.

Your files upload to iCloud each time your device connects to the internet. Depending on your internet speed, the time it takes for you to see your files on your other devices might vary.

On your Mac

You can find your Desktop and Documents folders in the iCloud section of the Finder sidebar. If you add a second Mac Desktop, you can find those files in the Desktop folder in iCloud Drive. Look for a folder with the same name as your second Mac. You can also use Spotlight to search for specific file names. 

See the article Add your Desktop and Documents files to iCloud Drive - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 3, 2023 7:19 PM in response to lthroop

Find your Desktop and Documents files on all of your devices

When you add your Desktop and Documents to iCloud Drive, all of your files move to iCloud and any new files you create are automatically stored in iCloud too. Then you can find your files on all of your devices.

Your files upload to iCloud each time your device connects to the internet. Depending on your internet speed, the time it takes for you to see your files on your other devices might vary.

On your Mac

You can find your Desktop and Documents folders in the iCloud section of the Finder sidebar. If you add a second Mac Desktop, you can find those files in the Desktop folder in iCloud Drive. Look for a folder with the same name as your second Mac. You can also use Spotlight to search for specific file names. 

See the article Add your Desktop and Documents files to iCloud Drive - Apple Support

Can't see my iCloud files, although I'm signed in

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.