Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud doesn't work on Mac

Hi,

Maybe a month ago I have logged out from my iCloud on Mac. Then I logged in again and everything (like Photos, Calendar, Contacts, and Keychain) worked, except iCloud drive. When I go to the 'iCloud drive' folder in finder I don't see my files, but I can see them on icloud.com. I have my files in an archive (I've made it before logging out from iCloud). What should I try to do to repair the iCloud drive system?

Environment: Macbook Air 2015, macOS Big Sur 11.4 (11.3 when logged out from iCloud)

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 11.4

Posted on Jul 5, 2021 9:46 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 5, 2021 10:55 AM

When you sign out Apple ID from Mac , and again signed in did you skipped to turn on iCloud Drive box .

The last step .

In front of iCloud Drive - options check the box of desktops and documents a small circle will rotate , setting up and finally the box will get checked .

The box of keychain is unchecked , tap the box it will be semi greyed for a short while but get checked completely in few moments .

From archive folder , select the files and copy them , and paste over in finder > iCloud section > over documents , the files will be transferred .

Another method If files are in iCloud.com , you can sign in with Apple ID account credentials in iCloud.com , click on iCloud Drive directly drag and drop those files in finder location > iCloud > over documents .

In fact some files are yet syncing Get file, folder and disk information on Mac - Apple Support make sure you are having high network speed

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 5, 2021 10:55 AM in response to MiavchikM

When you sign out Apple ID from Mac , and again signed in did you skipped to turn on iCloud Drive box .

The last step .

In front of iCloud Drive - options check the box of desktops and documents a small circle will rotate , setting up and finally the box will get checked .

The box of keychain is unchecked , tap the box it will be semi greyed for a short while but get checked completely in few moments .

From archive folder , select the files and copy them , and paste over in finder > iCloud section > over documents , the files will be transferred .

Another method If files are in iCloud.com , you can sign in with Apple ID account credentials in iCloud.com , click on iCloud Drive directly drag and drop those files in finder location > iCloud > over documents .

In fact some files are yet syncing Get file, folder and disk information on Mac - Apple Support make sure you are having high network speed

iCloud doesn't work on Mac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.