Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV subscription included with recent purchase of IPAD

I recently bought an IPad and was under the impression that Apple TV as included? When I attempt to watch Apple TV it asks for me to subscribe to the service?

can you sort this out and advise?

Posted on Jan 17, 2021 7:40 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 18, 2021 3:23 AM

The free one-year subscription is time limited - and may be restricted by region. This Apple page might help answer your questions:

https://offers.appletvapp.apple/

In theory, activation of the service subscription offer is linked to the initial Device Activation Date of the device after being purchased “new”.

Whilst the offer is linked to the purchase of a qualifying device, ultimate eligibility is determined by your AppleID. If you have never previously had an AppleTV+ subscription, purchase of a qualifying device provides an opportunity to try the AppleTV+ subscription service, free, for a year; the offer must be redeemed within 60-days of initial activation of the qualifying device.

If you have at any time previously had an AppleTV+ subscription, under terms of the offer (see the small-print), you’ll not be eligible for this offer. Cancelling a current AppleTV+ subscription will not reset your eligibility - but will immediately cancel a paid subscription and lose access to content for the remainder of the period for which advance payment has already been made.

I hope this clarification is helpful to you.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 18, 2021 3:23 AM in response to Rickmay1955

The free one-year subscription is time limited - and may be restricted by region. This Apple page might help answer your questions:

In theory, activation of the service subscription offer is linked to the initial Device Activation Date of the device after being purchased “new”.

Whilst the offer is linked to the purchase of a qualifying device, ultimate eligibility is determined by your AppleID. If you have never previously had an AppleTV+ subscription, purchase of a qualifying device provides an opportunity to try the AppleTV+ subscription service, free, for a year; the offer must be redeemed within 60-days of initial activation of the qualifying device.

If you have at any time previously had an AppleTV+ subscription, under terms of the offer (see the small-print), you’ll not be eligible for this offer. Cancelling a current AppleTV+ subscription will not reset your eligibility - but will immediately cancel a paid subscription and lose access to content for the remainder of the period for which advance payment has already been made.

I hope this clarification is helpful to you.

Jan 18, 2021 6:37 AM in response to LotusPilot

I posted that link above.

but will immediately cancel a paid subscription and lose access to content for the remainder of the period for which advance payment has already been made.

This is only true for trial subscriptions, not paid ones.

(190492)

Apple TV subscription included with recent purchase of IPAD

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.