Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Catalina slow down applications

Could someone help me. After I upgraded my iMac late 2013 model, to Mojave , my iMac star to behavior different then usual. All my applications start to slow down or become unresponsive. Is this happening with someone else? Does anybody knows what to do?

Thank you

iMac 21.5″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Jan 18, 2021 1:37 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 18, 2021 2:51 AM

Whenever an upgrade to Newer vision of macOS, one should verify if ALL the previous App are compatible. Verify with the Developers of the Apps and see if there are updates or even if upGrades required to make them compatible with Mojave.

If there are any Antivirus, Optimizer, Disk Cleanup Apps installed - Remove asap. They are not required. They do interfere with the operation of the OS and may even corrupt the OS

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 18, 2021 2:51 AM in response to andreamarques

Whenever an upgrade to Newer vision of macOS, one should verify if ALL the previous App are compatible. Verify with the Developers of the Apps and see if there are updates or even if upGrades required to make them compatible with Mojave.

If there are any Antivirus, Optimizer, Disk Cleanup Apps installed - Remove asap. They are not required. They do interfere with the operation of the OS and may even corrupt the OS

Catalina slow down applications

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.