Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

erase Catalina volume?

MBP 13 2020 Intel purchased in Sep 2020 with Catalina

Jan 1 I installed Big Sur in a test volume. It's working great compared to the 3 months I tried to use Catalina - no more Thunderbolt 3 unplug crashes, work VPN is all set up and supported now, iCloud Photos downloaded cleanly in the background without the photoanalysisd hogging my CPU for over a month (really, it's still going if I boot in to Catalina).

I want to keep the Big Sur Test volume - I don't want any of Catalina's problems to linger and I don't want to have to reset up everything again when it's working well.

How do I erase the Catalina volume and data? All the instructions I find are to delete the test volume and upgrade Catalina to Big Sur.

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 11.1

Posted on Jan 18, 2021 7:52 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 18, 2021 12:45 PM

nvm - Figured it out on my own - I deleted the Macintosh HD and data volumes - I wasn't clear whether I could since they were in the same container as the BigSurTest volumes.

Similar questions

4 replies

erase Catalina volume?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.