Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Every time I power off my 1080p LG monitor, it no longer fills the entire screen.

If I boot or restart my Mac Mini running Mojave my display fills the entire screen of the 1080p LG monitor. But if I power off the monitor and then power it on again, the screen leaves about an inch along the sides + about half inch along the top and bottom of unused space. My settings are "Default for Display" 60hz, I'm connected to HDMI. I've tried "Scaled". Monitor is being recognized in "Displays".

Does anyone know how to resolve this?

Monitor is LG 27MP89HM-S

Mac Mini is Late 2012

HDMI cable is included with display

Mac mini, macOS 10.14

Posted on Jan 18, 2021 9:21 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 20, 2021 4:01 PM

I didn’t find the answer on your suggestion. However with some more troubleshooting I’ve solve the problem by not powering the monitor off manually and instead letting it go to sleep. This prevents the issue from arising. But thanks for your help

Similar questions

3 replies

Every time I power off my 1080p LG monitor, it no longer fills the entire screen.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.