Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

HomePod not showing up in default audio output appleTV 4K

In my Apple TV audio settings, I am unable to see my HomePod Mini as an option to set as my default audio output. Both the Apple TV 4K and HomePod Mini are running the last Software 14.3, and both are located in the same room and connected to the same WiFi network.

Apple TV 4K, tvOS 13

Posted on Jan 18, 2021 9:09 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 18, 2021 12:00 PM

With Apple TV 4K the Minis aren’t supported to set as a default in the ATV Settings. That setting is now for home theater

with the big HomePods.

You can still use them via AirPlay:

1. Play the audio that you want to stream from your Apple TV, then press and hold Apple TV App/Home  to bring up Control Center. 
  2. Select AirPlay .
  3. Choose the headphones or speakers that you want to stream the current audio to.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 18, 2021 12:00 PM in response to Zayn23

With Apple TV 4K the Minis aren’t supported to set as a default in the ATV Settings. That setting is now for home theater

with the big HomePods.

You can still use them via AirPlay:

1. Play the audio that you want to stream from your Apple TV, then press and hold Apple TV App/Home  to bring up Control Center. 
  2. Select AirPlay .
  3. Choose the headphones or speakers that you want to stream the current audio to.

HomePod not showing up in default audio output appleTV 4K

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.