Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Upgrade from mac OS X Yosemite to a version 10.14 or newer?

Hello,

In trying to install a new program, I learned that it would not load with the version of OS X that I have - Yosemite 10.10.5. In order to install the new program I need to have OS X 10.14 or newer. Not finding the right help on the Apple site, so thought I'd try this venue. Any assistance is welcome.

Thank you,

Miranda

MacBook

Posted on Jan 18, 2021 9:10 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 18, 2021 10:05 AM

Miranda, this upGrade will be totally dependant on just how old the computer is. Choose wisely before attempting an upgrade. This LINK will led to another Apple site where one can find the Downloads for Older versions of macOS. Be sure to use only Safari in the next page as FF / Chrome will not work. Check the compatibility of the computer for the version of macOS before attempting the upgrade. Also, do a Time Machine Before the upgrade. Other factors to consider are Apps compatibility. The leap from Yosemite to any newer version of macOS will need updated / upgraded Apps.

Pierre

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 18, 2021 10:05 AM in response to RandyHaddock

Miranda, this upGrade will be totally dependant on just how old the computer is. Choose wisely before attempting an upgrade. This LINK will led to another Apple site where one can find the Downloads for Older versions of macOS. Be sure to use only Safari in the next page as FF / Chrome will not work. Check the compatibility of the computer for the version of macOS before attempting the upgrade. Also, do a Time Machine Before the upgrade. Other factors to consider are Apps compatibility. The leap from Yosemite to any newer version of macOS will need updated / upgraded Apps.

Pierre

Upgrade from mac OS X Yosemite to a version 10.14 or newer?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.