Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Report fraud

Where can I report fraud I think this iPhone was sold to me then reported stolen

iPhone 11 Pro Max

Posted on Jan 18, 2021 12:08 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 18, 2021 12:13 PM

It would do no good to tell Apple as they are not in law enforcement.

You didn't provide much detail, so I assume you were sold a stolen phone and the real owner put it into Activation Lock.

If that's the case, you can't do much of anything. They crook certainly isn't going to answer any attempts to contact them, or return your money.

You only have one option; turn it into the police so they can attempt to return it to the rightful owner (if that person filed a report). Other than doing a good thing, the only positive that could come out of it for you is if the owner gives you a reward for its return.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 18, 2021 12:13 PM in response to Richard812

It would do no good to tell Apple as they are not in law enforcement.

You didn't provide much detail, so I assume you were sold a stolen phone and the real owner put it into Activation Lock.

If that's the case, you can't do much of anything. They crook certainly isn't going to answer any attempts to contact them, or return your money.

You only have one option; turn it into the police so they can attempt to return it to the rightful owner (if that person filed a report). Other than doing a good thing, the only positive that could come out of it for you is if the owner gives you a reward for its return.

Report fraud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.