You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iphone says "Share My Location Disabled" but it isn't

Working on my mom's phone - it's an iphone 7 plus (ios 14.3). When I try to "share my location" on her phone with me/my phone, it says "Share My Location Disabled - Enable Share My Location in Settings > Apple ID > Find My to use this feature". I go to that place in settings and see that it is already enabled. I tried disabling and re-enabling. No luck.

Any suggestions?

Thank you!

Posted on Jan 18, 2021 2:49 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 28, 2021 5:59 PM

My wife was having same issue, she figured it out.

In addition all the other settings people have said there’s another deeply nested setting under “Location Services”, called ”System Services”, with an switch called “Share My Location”.

Settings/Privacy/Location Services/System Services/Share My Location

Note: not to be confused with: Location Services/Share My Location

Scroll Down to “System Services”

Now find the “Share My Location” under the “System Services” sub menu and make sure it is enabled (green)

Cheers,

14 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Feb 28, 2021 5:59 PM in response to katmichaels1

My wife was having same issue, she figured it out.

In addition all the other settings people have said there’s another deeply nested setting under “Location Services”, called ”System Services”, with an switch called “Share My Location”.

Settings/Privacy/Location Services/System Services/Share My Location

Note: not to be confused with: Location Services/Share My Location

Scroll Down to “System Services”

Now find the “Share My Location” under the “System Services” sub menu and make sure it is enabled (green)

Cheers,

Jan 18, 2021 3:32 PM in response to sberman

katmichaels1 wrote:

When I try to "share my location" on her phone with me/my phone, it says "Share My Location Disabled - Enable Share My Location in Settings > Apple ID > Find My to use this feature".

When you check Settings > Apple ID > Find My > My Location, does it indicate it’s using your mom’s iPhone to provide her location?

iphone says "Share My Location Disabled" but it isn't

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.