Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I reuse my same email after deleting my Apple ID?

Hi, I had two Apple IDs and deleted one because I wanted to use the email from my deleted Apple ID on the active account. I already got the confirmation email from Apple that the ID was successfully deleted, but when I try to change my Apple ID to that address it says it is unavailable. Do I need to wait a certain length of time or is this not possible?

Posted on Jan 18, 2021 4:01 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 18, 2021 4:16 PM

You cannot reuse it. Others who tried the same have posted here that even after waiting a year they cannot reuse the email address from a deleted AppleID.

While Apple deletes almost all information, they are required to retain purchase history, and since the AppleID is the email, it seems a deleted AppleID email address can never be reused.

How to delete your Apple ID account - Apple Support

When you delete your Apple ID, Apple makes our best effort to delete all personal data associated with your account. However, we are required to retain past transaction information for financial reporting purposes, and we may be required to retain certain information to comply with a court settlement or other ongoing legal procedure.”

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 18, 2021 4:16 PM in response to cjl98

You cannot reuse it. Others who tried the same have posted here that even after waiting a year they cannot reuse the email address from a deleted AppleID.

While Apple deletes almost all information, they are required to retain purchase history, and since the AppleID is the email, it seems a deleted AppleID email address can never be reused.

How to delete your Apple ID account - Apple Support

When you delete your Apple ID, Apple makes our best effort to delete all personal data associated with your account. However, we are required to retain past transaction information for financial reporting purposes, and we may be required to retain certain information to comply with a court settlement or other ongoing legal procedure.”

Can I reuse my same email after deleting my Apple ID?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.