Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMessage keeps prompting for login on Mac, not iPad

The iMessage on my MacBook Pro keeps asking me to login; my login only persists a few seconds before a new prompt. I do not have this issue on my iPad Pro. How can I fix this so that my login persists?

MacBook Pro 16″, 11.1

Posted on Jan 18, 2021 8:04 PM

4 replies

Jan 20, 2021 1:03 PM in response to BamaBradCO

Hello BamaBradCO,

Thanks for asking the Apple Support Communities for help with logging in to Messages on your Mac.

Please ensure you set everything up as described here: Use Messages with your Mac - Apple Support

If you have issues, please check the troubleshooting here: If you can't sign in to your iMessage account or FaceTime on your Mac - Apple Support

Thanks and have a wonderful day.

Jan 20, 2021 7:04 PM in response to Eric--F

Not even close to helpful, so I will try this again. I have had my MacBook Pro for a year and until recently had no issues with iMessage. And, I have no issue on my iPad Pro. However, within the last couple of weeks I noticed that I am not receiving messages on my MacBook Pro, so I opened iMessage and logged in. I am successful logging and I can see my messages. This only persists for a few seconds before the login screen shows up again. Why does my login to iMessage on my MacBook Pro not persist?

iMessage keeps prompting for login on Mac, not iPad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.