Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Weird sound

I have an iPhone 11 pro and I realized just a few minutes ago when I put it up to my ear that there was a weird sound that was very quiet, almost like something was moving around inside of it. Obviously there are moving parts inside of the phone, but I've never been able to hear it before so I want to make sure my phone won't break if this persists. I powered off my phone wondering if maybe I got a virus or something causing it to make sounds, but I still heard it with it powered off, leading me to believe it is a hardware issue. If anyone has had a problem similar to this how did you fix it? My nearest Apple store is a little far away so if possible I would like to be able to do something at home.

Posted on Jan 18, 2021 8:27 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 18, 2021 8:33 PM

Hey PyroTrap!

It's amazing to see that you are well understanding the problem.

Yes, a similar thing has happened with me as well, in my case, a screw in the iPhone was loose and was making sounds, but it could be something else in your case. I couldn't risk to fix it at home or at some local repair shop, so I had to take it to an Apple Store for the best fix.

I know these are not easy times, along with an Apple Store not being nearby, but I would recommend getting it fixed at an Apple Store only.

Thanks!

-Arnav :)

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 18, 2021 8:33 PM in response to PyroTrap

Hey PyroTrap!

It's amazing to see that you are well understanding the problem.

Yes, a similar thing has happened with me as well, in my case, a screw in the iPhone was loose and was making sounds, but it could be something else in your case. I couldn't risk to fix it at home or at some local repair shop, so I had to take it to an Apple Store for the best fix.

I know these are not easy times, along with an Apple Store not being nearby, but I would recommend getting it fixed at an Apple Store only.

Thanks!

-Arnav :)

Weird sound

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.