Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Battery

My Macs battery has lately been acting up. for the past week or so, my battery has run out of power very quickly. I have reset all my battery settings to default, but still it is not working. I was just wondering if this is because my battery is degrading, but that is very unlikely as it was only bought one year ago. if anyone else has this issue or knows how to fix it it would be very much appreciated.

Thank you

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 11.1

Posted on Jan 18, 2021 9:39 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 20, 2021 2:06 PM

Thanks for posting in the Apple Support Communities apple2021-2022,

We understand you're seeing a significant decrease in battery performance, and we're happy to offer some guidance we expect to be helpful!

First, if you haven't yet, try using the Activity Monitor app on your Mac to review energy usage and see how power is being used. You can also identify stuck or unresponsive processes, and closing them from there can sometimes offer an improvement. The following guides explain how to do both: Activity Monitor User Guide and View energy consumption in Activity Monitor on Mac

Depending on what you find there, you can also find guidance to get the most out of a charge, here: Maximizing Battery Life and Lifespan

For further assistance, we recommend working with an Apple technical expert who can partner with you to investigate and assist further. To connect with an expert, Contact Apple Support.

Cheers!

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 20, 2021 2:06 PM in response to apple2021-2022

Thanks for posting in the Apple Support Communities apple2021-2022,

We understand you're seeing a significant decrease in battery performance, and we're happy to offer some guidance we expect to be helpful!

First, if you haven't yet, try using the Activity Monitor app on your Mac to review energy usage and see how power is being used. You can also identify stuck or unresponsive processes, and closing them from there can sometimes offer an improvement. The following guides explain how to do both: Activity Monitor User Guide and View energy consumption in Activity Monitor on Mac

Depending on what you find there, you can also find guidance to get the most out of a charge, here: Maximizing Battery Life and Lifespan

For further assistance, we recommend working with an Apple technical expert who can partner with you to investigate and assist further. To connect with an expert, Contact Apple Support.

Cheers!

Battery

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.