Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

what if i cant get in contact with the previous owner

i cant get the previous owner to off the device of there icloud because i can no longer get in contact with them

iPhone 7

Posted on Jan 18, 2021 10:27 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 18, 2021 11:03 PM

jacameron Said:

"what if i cant get in contact with the previous owner: i cant get the previous owner to off the device of there icloud because i can no longer get in contact with them"

-------

How was this Purchased?

If this was purchased online (i.e. eBay), then contact the site, seeing if the seller can be held accountable, and if you can get your money back. If this was purchased in-person, then always note that it is your responsibility to get in contact with them. Elsewise, it is useless to you.

Learn from this:

So, take this as a learning experience. Know to always tell the seller to log themselves out of iCloud on the device, and then let you log into it, prior to handing over the money. If they decide to disabide by those rules you've set forth, then do not proceed with the transaction.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 18, 2021 11:03 PM in response to jacameron

jacameron Said:

"what if i cant get in contact with the previous owner: i cant get the previous owner to off the device of there icloud because i can no longer get in contact with them"

-------

How was this Purchased?

If this was purchased online (i.e. eBay), then contact the site, seeing if the seller can be held accountable, and if you can get your money back. If this was purchased in-person, then always note that it is your responsibility to get in contact with them. Elsewise, it is useless to you.

Learn from this:

So, take this as a learning experience. Know to always tell the seller to log themselves out of iCloud on the device, and then let you log into it, prior to handing over the money. If they decide to disabide by those rules you've set forth, then do not proceed with the transaction.

what if i cant get in contact with the previous owner

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.