Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mac mini m1 unable to check the updates

Hi,

Anyone experienced "Unable to check for updates, make sure you are connected to the internet" on mac m1? I am currently at 11.1 version of Big Sur

Alex

Mac mini, macOS 11.1

Posted on Jan 18, 2021 11:53 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 19, 2021 1:55 AM

Found a solution. Based on a Sun Kudsen's youtube video I did a patch, where it should fix sending the information to Apple for every app I open on MAC. the patch is to insert "echo "127.0.0.1 ocsp.apple.com" | sudo tee -a /etc/hosts" to loop the connection to localhost, but not to apple services, but apparently it blocks the connection for updates too.... After removing the line from /etc/hosts file updates started to work

Hope it will be helpful for someone who researches privacy options :)

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 19, 2021 1:55 AM in response to alexnetdoc

Found a solution. Based on a Sun Kudsen's youtube video I did a patch, where it should fix sending the information to Apple for every app I open on MAC. the patch is to insert "echo "127.0.0.1 ocsp.apple.com" | sudo tee -a /etc/hosts" to loop the connection to localhost, but not to apple services, but apparently it blocks the connection for updates too.... After removing the line from /etc/hosts file updates started to work

Hope it will be helpful for someone who researches privacy options :)

Mac mini m1 unable to check the updates

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.