Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Timemachine (TM) not showing older entires, even still on Airport (AP)

Hello Apple-Community!

I have the following issue with TM on a MacBookPro (Retina, 13", Early 2015, 1 TB, 32GB, MacOs 10.15.7/Catalina): when entering TM, it only shows backups back to end of December 2020. TM is using an Airport and is transferring data without errors for long. The AP capacity is 2 TB and only 390 GB are available, so there is massive data (1.6 TB) in the folder "MacBook Pro.backupbundle" in the AP's "Time Capsule" directory, as it has been since 2017, when I bought the AP. So the data seems to be there. Any ideas for to make TM "learn" the history again. Or a place where to look for the logic in TM setup? I read some posts on the net about Catalina messing up with TM, yet no real good solution to that.

Thanks a ton!

Posted on Jan 19, 2021 1:43 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 20, 2021 3:30 PM

Hello and welcome to Apple Support Communities DrLutz,

We see that you're having an issue with your Time Machine backups. We understand that you'd want to get this resolved quickly, and we'd be happy to help.

We have provided an article with some steps to help with troubleshooting Time Machine.

Time Machine troubleshooting on Mac

If the issue persists after going through this article, you'll want to reach out to Apple Support.

Get Support

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 20, 2021 3:30 PM in response to DrLutz

Hello and welcome to Apple Support Communities DrLutz,

We see that you're having an issue with your Time Machine backups. We understand that you'd want to get this resolved quickly, and we'd be happy to help.

We have provided an article with some steps to help with troubleshooting Time Machine.

Time Machine troubleshooting on Mac

If the issue persists after going through this article, you'll want to reach out to Apple Support.

Get Support

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

Timemachine (TM) not showing older entires, even still on Airport (AP)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.