Related Article: If you forgot your Apple ID

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Bought phone has activation lock don’t know previous owner so what is possible or am I screwed

I bought a phone off the streets didn’t know it wasn’t Locked as it was on opening setup screen upon buying didn’t think anything of it. Start setting up phone it has activation Lock.. So cut the chase I don’t know who it was or who I bought it from what can be done or did I get screwed out of my money and have a phone can’t do anything with

iPhone 7 Plus

Posted on Jan 19, 2021 1:38 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 19, 2021 1:45 AM

I'm sorry, but there is nothing whatever you can do. Without being to contact the person who set the lock (who in any case probably isn't the person who sold you the phone, which may well have been stolen) there is absolutely no way you can bypass the lock. Apple won't unlock it for you, and the websites which offer to do so for a fee can't unlock it - these are scams. I'm afraid this is a risk you run by buying a phone from a stranger.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 19, 2021 1:45 AM in response to MarcusEdwards177

I'm sorry, but there is nothing whatever you can do. Without being to contact the person who set the lock (who in any case probably isn't the person who sold you the phone, which may well have been stolen) there is absolutely no way you can bypass the lock. Apple won't unlock it for you, and the websites which offer to do so for a fee can't unlock it - these are scams. I'm afraid this is a risk you run by buying a phone from a stranger.

Bought phone has activation lock don’t know previous owner so what is possible or am I screwed

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.