You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 12 magsafe case no animation

Hello,

My iPhone 12 magsafe case doesn't show the animation on screen, however I have the magsafe charger and it works just fine and the animation pops and all. I'm pretty sure it's an original case because I bought it with the charger from my country's official apple distributor.

What can I do to make the animation show on screen?

Posted on Jan 19, 2021 2:12 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 25, 2021 2:33 AM

Same thing here. Out of the box in November the silicone case animation worked just fine with my 12 max pro, bought a dji OM 4 so popped the phone out of the case and when i popped it back in found the animation isn’t working.

it’s kinda not a big deal but the thing is it is specified as part of the functionality of the two official products, so it SHOULD work.

come on Apple, please sort it soonest.

15 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Feb 25, 2021 2:33 AM in response to aboddy67

Same thing here. Out of the box in November the silicone case animation worked just fine with my 12 max pro, bought a dji OM 4 so popped the phone out of the case and when i popped it back in found the animation isn’t working.

it’s kinda not a big deal but the thing is it is specified as part of the functionality of the two official products, so it SHOULD work.

come on Apple, please sort it soonest.

Feb 25, 2021 2:52 AM in response to aboddy67

same thing, no animation we’ve been used to on 14.5 (18E5154f) - it works perfect on 14.3 and stopped as soon as I have moved on to the Dev iOS. Since 14.4 and 14.5 I have no animation whatsoever either with or without the apple magsafe transparent case. whether I have the case on or off - same thing no animation but charging works. either 20W or even stronger Anker or Satechi USB-C charging - same thing, nothing to do with power distribution. It is iOS glitch and I can bet it will be fixed along the route but ... WHEN?

iPhone 12 Pro Max 2021, 14.5 (18E5154f)

Apple, please let us know WHEN the heck this is going to be fixed and we will finally see our beloved ANIMATION back on screen?

Mar 1, 2021 6:42 AM in response to Reimimur

Got my 12 pro max like two weeks ago. Bought the mag safe charger and everything just to get the animation and it doesn’t work. That was one of the things I was excited for. So bought a silicone apple MagSafe case and still it does nothing smh. I hope it’s fixed soon. Kinda sucks just wanted the experience lol

iPhone 12 magsafe case no animation

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.